Safety is important and passion can’t be reined in. With Campagnolo’s high-visibility items, now you can cycle in greater safety also in the evening or in conditions of low visibility.
They employ special extremely reflective sections, effectively positioned to meet both safety and design requirements.
Durable water resistant treatment
DWR treatment causes water to slip over the fabric and prevents saturation of moisture in the external fabric of clothing items. At a microscopic level, the chains of molecules in DWR treatment bind with the surface of the fabric and act as a series of needles that keep water as beads that roll over the surface.
The item’s make-up has been designed for maximum protection of your body against wind. The fabrics used guarantee optimum temperature regulation while allowing for breathability and comfort.
The item can maintain the air inside and expel humidity thanks to an innovative weave that prevents outside air at high speed from passing inside.
Bioceramic is a material that naturally reflects FIR (far infrared) and can be added to certain fabrics, such as polyesters and polyamides. Bioceramic is made of a mixture of mineral oxides added to fibres in a liquid form, which are then fused at high temperatures, remaining incorporated with the fibres themselves without dispersing. The FIR penetrates our body, producing a heating effect. This results in vasodilation, a substantial increase in blood circulation and activation of metabolism in tissues and cells.
Carbon fibre is placed on the surface of the fabric, in contact with the body, thus providing the following benefits:
- Antistatic, the conductive carbon fibres absorb and disperse the electrical charges accumulated by the body during the day, thus offering a de-stressing and relaxing effect.
- Bacteriostatic, carbon can eliminate a wide range of microbes, acting on the cell walls of microorganisms.
- Heat-regulating, since carbon is a great conductor of heat; thanks to this particular quality, it dissipates excess heat and keeps the body at an ideal temperature.
- Permanent, since its natural characteristics do not fade over time and are resistant to washing.
The natural Merino wool fibre intelligently balances body temperature in all conditions. It should be borne in mind that Merino wool performs the following actions:
- sponge effect: since it is highly hygroscopic, it immediately absorbs every trace of the humidity with which it comes into contact over its (internally porous) length and conveys it outside, where it evaporates. It is very rich in lanolin (preserved in manufacture), which ensures that there is no possibility of fluid build-up, avoiding problems caused by sudden cold.
- isothermal effect: this wool doesn’t heat up; it insulates and simply maintains the temperature of the bodies with which it comes into contact.
Ultrasonic welding is carried out through high-frequency mechanical vibration applied to the surface involved. This generates progressive friction which leads in a very short space of time to a temperature increase that welds the area of the join. So the parts are joined together without the need to use adhesives or chemicals.
Items that force a tight fit increase athletic performance thanks to increased capillary blood circulation and increased return to the heart and lymph nodes, with a resulting reduction in aching muscles after exercise and more rapid elimination of lactic acid. The special fabric compresses muscle fibres in a variable fashion, promoting blood circulation and hence tissue oxygenation. Compression clothing also provides considerable structural support: it improves posture, making it easier and less tiring.