Since its birth over 80 years ago Campagnolo® has been dedicated to continuous innovation in order to produce the best, most competitive and reliable products possible. To continually push the limits in this way is the work of the engineers of the Campy Tech Lab™. Even the smallest details and material choices are painstakingly scrutinized in an effort to produce what is often to become the newest performance standard. As a result, our testing department is one of the most important areas of the entire operation and each and every product must go through strenuous and extreme testing before it earns the right to bear the Campagnolo® name. We test at levels above and beyond anything required and as a result produce products that are a step ahead.
• Fatigue test: before the manufacturing stage, each wheel and each of its components are subjected to long and very challenging tests that ensure the durability and performance over time.
• Crash test: simulates the impact of the wheel in differing situations. Campagnolo® crash tests have successfully passed all requirements stipulated by the UCI.
• Tyre burst test: all Campagnolo® wheels are tested at infation pressures well above those indicated on the tyre.
• Enviroment test: exposure to UVA and UVB rays, salt attack and exposure to moisture: these are the tests that all Campagnolo® wheels must pass to ensure maximum performance and reliability over time.
100% Manually assembled and Electronically checked.
The extensive attention to detail and testing mentioned above may be suffcient for some companies to ensure the quality of their product but not for Campagnolo®. To ensure the quality of each and every wheel the standards applied to the production process must be then verifed on each and every fnal product at the end of fabrication. Campagnolo® made a clear and bold decision: to assemble each wheel manually and submit it to a series of fnal inspections that guarantee their quality.
Only through in-depth inspection, both manual and digital, of each and every piece of every fnal product that leaves the premises can we be 100% sure of the exact same quality for each and every wheel that bears the Campagnolo® name.
• Balancing: guarantees the absence of vibrations at fast speed.
• Lateral and radial control: guarantees the perfect alignment of the wheel to ensure precise rolling of the wheel.
• Camber: ensures the perfect symmetry of the wheels with the bicycle.
• Spokes tension: ensures optimal balance at every point of the wheel.
• Rolling torque of the hub: ensures a perfect adjustment of the hubs.